Josh Leonard, Attorney
Joshua received his law degree from Gonzaga University School of Law in 2005, after which he accepted an Assistant City Attorney position in Boise, Idaho. After a few years of prosecuting infraction and misdemeanor criminal cases for Boise City, Joshua was promoted to work in the Civil section of the Boise City Attorney’s Office, where he represented Boise’s Parks and Recreation Department, Planning and Zoning Commission, and City Clerk’s Office.
Joshua quickly distinguished himself as an exceptional attorney, and he rapidly ascended the ranks to become a Senior Deputy City Attorney, and then the Chief Deputy City Attorney. In that position, Joshua supervised all of the attorneys and staff in the Civil Section of the Boise City Attorney’s Office. In addition to his supervisory responsibilities. Joshua handled all of Boise’s major real estate transactions, represented the city in several large development deals, oversaw all of Boise’s most difficult zoning land use issues, and managed the city’s litigation team.
Prior to attending law school, Joshua worked on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. Before that, he was the assistant clubhouse manager for Salt Lake City’s AAA baseball team, then called the Salt Lake Buzz (now the Salt Lake Bees), in its inaugural year.
Josh is an avid baseball fan, and he loves coaching his sons’ baseball teams. Josh also enjoys traveling with his family, particularly when the destination is a beach.
- Juris Doctor, Gonzaga University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, George Mason University
- Senior Attorney, Brian Webb Legal
- Chief Deputy City Attorney, Boise City Attorney’s Office
- Senior Deputy City Attorney, Boise City Attorney’s Office
- Deputy City Attorney, Boise City Attorney’s Office
- Legal Intern, City of Spokane Valley Attorney’s Office
- Law Clerk, Second District Court of Utah
- Legislative Assistant, U.S. Congressman Mark Green
- Real Estate – Transactions, Property Development, and Litigation
- Zoning and Land Use – Development Planning, Pre-application Services, Applications, Hearings, and Appeals
- Commercial Law (LLCs, Partnerships, and Corporations) – Business Formation, Transactions, and Litigation
- Administrative Law – Professional Licensing, Business Licensing, Municipal Licensing, Applications, and Appeals